The Benefits Of Nuptial Agreements
Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements allow couples to identify and protect their assets by making provisions for support and the division of property in case of death or the termination of their marriage.
If you are contemplating marriage or remarriage, you may want to consider entering into a nuptial agreement. The attorneys at Oney + Kim Family Law, PLLC, can assist in negotiating and drafting the agreement or provide dependable advice regarding the requirements under Minnesota law to ensure that the agreement is valid and enforceable.
An Agreement Tailored To You And Your Spouse
Nuptial agreements are highly customizable. Couples may structure their financial and personal affairs to suit their own needs and values. An enforceable nuptial agreement requires couples to fully disclose earnings and property. The terms and formation of the agreement must be fair and equitable to both parties.
Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements may include terms relating to:
- Who owns what, where each asset came from and where each asset is located
- The right to buy, sell, use or control the property in any way the person who owns it sees fit
- What will happen to each asset if a couple separates, divorces or if another major event happens
- What will happen when one party makes a will or trust
- Who the beneficiary will be from any and all life insurance policies
- A description of the law that the agreement is adhering to
- Other matters that relate specifically to the couple and their personal rights and obligations
Speak With Our Lawyers In Eagan Today
Oney + Kim Family Law, PLLC, is based in Eagan and serves clients throughout the Twin Cities metro area. Call our office at 612-279-8655 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your legal options for prenuptial and postnuptial agreements or any other matters related to family law. You may also
email us with our convenient form.